S C O L ' A I D E
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

S C O L ' A I D E

AUCUNE INSCRIPTION N'EST EXIGEE

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Display Star Wars Unlimited Ombres de la Galaxie : ...
Voir le deal

My online self

AuteurMessage
mimi4521

My online self Empty
MessageSujet: My online self   My online self Icon_minitimeSam 4 Jan - 0:42

Bonsoir, pourriez vous s'il vous plaît me corriger les fautes et me dire si mes réponses sont bien. MERCI BEAUCOUP D'AVANCE POUR VOTRE AIDE.

1.what is the relationship between the title of the text and the two pictures illustrzting it?

Focus on lines 1 down to 50:

2.Is the self portrai something new? Who had their portrait painted? What was the main purpose?

3.Did those portraits always show the truth? What tools were used?

4.Why does the reporter say today's self portraits are "democratic"? (line 21)

5.Do they look as formal and permanent as portraits in the past?What tools are used? What is the difference in appearance?

6.To what extent are they interactive?

7.Do these modern portraits remain in history? Are they everlasting?

8.What is the common aspiration behind those modern portraits?

9.What are the common points between painted portraits and today's portraits?

Read from line 51 to the end

10.What is the impact of social networking sites on society?(4)

11.What are the consequences of our use of these sites in terms of friendship, privacy, authenticity, community and identity?

12.What do users worry about? Explain the tw verbs "collects" and "perform".

13.What type of behavior does online social networking develop? Explain the opposition between "know thyself" and "show thyself".

14.Do you find the words "virtual friendship" and "the new narcissism" well chosen?

15.Do you agree with the journalist ? Are there risks inherent to social networking sites? Explain.

Voici le texte à étudié :

MY ONLINE SELF

Modern self portraits

For centuries, the rich and the powerful documented their existence and their status through painted portraits. A marker of wealth and a bid for immortality, portraits offer intriguing hints about the daily life of their subjects — professions, ambitions, attitudes, and, most importantly, social standing. Such portraits, as German art historian Hans Belting has argued, can be understood as “painted anthropology,” with much to teach us, both intentionally and unintentionally, about the culture in which they were created.

Self-portraits can be especially instructive. By showing the artist both as he sees his true self and as he wishes to be seen, self-portraits can at once expose and obscure, clarify and distort. They offer opportunities for both self-expression and self-seeking. They can display egotism and modesty, self-aggrandizement and self-mockery.

Today, our self-portraits are democratic and digital; they are crafted from pixels rather than paints. On social networking websites like MySpace and Facebook, our modern self-portraits feature background music, carefully manipulated photographs, stream-of-consciousness musings, and lists of our hobbies and friends. They are interactive, inviting viewers not merely to look at, but also to respond to, the life portrayed online. We create them to find friendship, love, and that ambiguous modern thing called connection. Like painters constantly retouching their work, we alter, update, and tweak our online self-portraits; but as digital objects they are far more ephemeral than oil on canvas. Vital statistics, glimpses of bare flesh, lists of favorite bands and favorite poems all clamor for our attention — and it is the timeless human desire for attention that emerges as the dominant theme of these vast virtual galleries.

Although social networking sites are in their infancy, we are seeing their impact culturally: in language (where to friend is now a verb), in politics (where it is de rigueur for presidential aspirants to catalogue their virtues on MySpace), and on college campuses (where not using Facebook can be a social handicap). But we are only beginning to come to grips with the consequences of our use of these sites: for friendship, and for our notions of privacy, authenticity, community, and identity. As with any new technological advance, we must consider what type of behavior online social networking encourages. Does this technology, with its constant demands to collect (friends and status), and perform (by marketing ourselves), in some ways undermine our ability to attain what it promises — a surer sense of who we are and where we belong? The Delphic oracle’s guidance was know thyself. Today, in the world of online social networks, the oracle’s advice might be show 
thyself.

Mes réponses :
1.This two documents are self portraits.
The first document(doc) it's a painting of Joshua Grigby. Painting represent people who are important. The second doc it's John Smith profil. It's a self portrait online, he put his profil in social networking site like facebook.

2. No, self portraits are not new they exist since centuries.
The painters paints portraits of person who are rich and powerful. This portraits show a marker of wealth and a bid for immotality 

3.Those portraits are not showing the truth they show what the person whant people see them.
The painters are constantly retouching their work. In facebook we can publish in your self portrait what you want even if it is wrong. Painters deleted the flows.

4.Today self portraits are democratic beacause they show the truth. When you take a photo we see with your flows.

5.No,today person are not represent perfectly in facebook in your profil they are list different hobbies, tasts, music...
We can change information about themselves in everytime

6.They are interactive because they facilitate the communication, the exchanges of your point of view. They connected many people in the world who can developte new relationship. People want more attention.

7. Paintings remain in history. They are existed since generations they symbolize person important, who do something for the society, they are everlasting.
Self portraits online are more ephemeral beause we can remove, deactive.

8.Pepople today want more attention, they want the other understand their opignions. They want to be recognized as important persones. They want to show their strength....
Social networking sites bridge both age and unite people with common interests throughout the entire world, regardless of their physical location.

9. Painted portraits can be retouching by painters, they can represents pepople better, it's the same things about today's portraits but with the new technologie portraits are better retouching.

10. The impact of social networking sites is culturaly : - in language, -in politics, -on college campus.

11.If you made not attention we can be in danger . We don't divulge our privacy and not post anything about our identity because other people can use our information.

12.People want "collect" a lot of friend but their friend are not truth they are virtual the friendship are no longer as meaningful.

13.In social networking site we have to stay thyself and not create a new personality we have to show to the other your truth personality tjey have to like you as you as.

14. No because facebook allows to stay in touch with each other. Social networking site connect several generations and unite pepople with common interrests.

15.I'm agree and not because facebook cut people of the real life and close them in virtual life but if you use social networking site site with moderation is not danger, people have not to be hung to the screen they have to go out.
But in social networking (sns)site we can discuss on varied topics, give your opignions, advice. It allows to people who for exemple need help.
SNS can create realationship which can end in love realation.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

My online self
Page 1 sur 1